Monday, August 24, 2009

The Death of Iron Man?

Check out this new cover just debuted for Invincible Iron Man #20. I hope this is just some sort of symbolism to help show how things have drastically changed for Tony since Civil War. If this cover is meant to be taken literally, I will be very sad. Iron Man has been the most important person in the Marvel Universe for the past few years and with Captain America coming back, the potential for their reunion is limitless. Also, with said resurrection, Tony's death wouldn't have any impact and come off pointless.

While I'm at it, I might as well voice some other frustrations generated from this picture. I'm pretty tired of Marvel reusing the same ideas over and over again. Invincible Iron Man #20 is the start of the new story "Stark Disassembled." Oh another play on a famous older story arc? Come on! Wasn't "Death of Ms. Marvel," "Death of Marc Specter," "Initiative Disassembled," and "World War (insert dumb noun here)" enough? Also, that image is just a rehash of the one drawn of Captain America and Iron Man from Civil War: The Confession. It's a cool image and title, but I prefer innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment